Baptism is the First among the Seven Sacraments. St. Justin Martyr Parish is glad you are interested in celebrating the Sacrament of Baptism of your child with us.
General Guidelines for Baptism at St. Justin Martyr Parish
1. Parents of children to be baptized should be registered parishioners of St. Justin Martyr Parish.
2. The date of baptism will be discussed after the Baptismal Preparation Session. In order to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism in a meaningful way, we limit the number of children to 6 per baptism. Baptisms are usually held the second and fourth Sunday of the month at 2:00 p.m. * Due to pandemic restrictions, the parents are required to meet with the priest before finalizing the date for baptism. To accommodate the demands of crowd restrictions and the volume of baptisms, we are conducting baptism on most Sundays at 2 p.m. Please contact the Parish Office after your meeting with the priest.
*Due to pandemic restrictions, we have cancelled Baptism Preparation Classes. Instead, parents are required to meet with the priest via appointment before proceeding with baptism.
3. One Catholic Godparent, male or female is sufficient. There may be however two: One of each sex to provide a balance and to reflect the primary environment of the Catholic Christian home. Godparents are intended to be good Catholic Christian witnesses who will help the parents to raise their child in the ways of the faith.
4. Godparents must be at least 16 years of age, baptized and confirmed. A copy of their baptism certificate is required.
5. If a Godparent cannot attend the ceremony, a Catholic proxy may stand in for him or her.
6. A donation of approximately $100.00 per child is welcome.
Infants & Children below 7 years of age
If you have an infant or child below 7 years of age, fill in the Baptism Application Form and submit it to the Office along with the copy of the God Parent's Baptism certificate.
Children Above 7 years of age (RCIC)
If your child is 7 years or older and have not yet received Baptism, we have Rite of Christian Initiation of Childre (RCIC ) program that prepares the child for Baptism and other related Sacraments. Contact RCIC Co-ordinator Rachel Martinez at email@example.com.
If you are an adult and would like to be Baptized under the Catholic Faith, contact our Parish Office. Msgr. Vid Vlasic will guide you on the next steps of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) program.
For general guidelines and questions on the Sacrament of Baptism, please refer to Baptism Guidelines & FAQ here.