Baptism is the First among the Seven Sacraments. St. Justin Martyr Parish is glad you chose to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism of your child with us.
General Guidelines for Baptism at St. Justin Martyr Parish
- Parents of children to be baptized should be registered parishioners of St. Justin Martyr Parish. If you are not already registered with us, please use the Parish Registration Form to be part of our community.
- Parents are required to meet with the Priest after submitting the Baptismal form, preferably before or after one of the weekend Masses. Please contact the office with your preferred date and time.
- Attending the Baptismal Preparation Session is a pre-requisite to Baptize your child. If this is your first child, you are required to attend the Baptismal Preparation Sessions (one session, approximately one hour). For enrolling yourself, please contact the office. Kindly note that children are not allowed during this session. Please make alternate arrangements.
- In order to celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism in a meaningful way, we limit the number of children to a maximum of 6 per baptism. To accommodate growing demands, we are conducting baptism on possible Sundays at 2 p.m. Please contact the Parish Office after your Baptism Preparation Session for available dates.
- One Catholic Godparent, male or female is sufficient. There may be however two: One of each sex to provide a balance and to reflect the primary environment of the Catholic Christian home. Godparents are intended to be good Catholic Christian witnesses who will help the parents to raise their child in the ways of the faith.
- Godparents must be at least 16 years of age, baptized and confirmed.
- If a Godparent cannot attend the ceremony, a Catholic proxy may stand in for him or her.
- A donation of $100.00 per child is welcome.
Infants & Children below 7 years of age
If you have an infant or child below 7 years of age, fill in the Baptism Application Form and submit it to the Office in person or via email to email@example.com.
Children Above 7 years of age (RCIC)
If your child is 7 years or older and have not yet received Baptism, we have Rite of Christian Initiation of Children (RCIC ) program that prepares the child for Baptism and other related Sacraments. Contact RCIC Co-ordinator Rachel Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an adult and would like to be Baptized under the Catholic Faith, contact our Parish Office. Our Priest will guide you on the next steps of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) program.
For general guidelines and questions on the Sacrament of Baptism, please refer to Baptism Guidelines & FAQ here.